The health benefits of a Nordic Bath circuit have been documented back thousands of years in Swedish Bath houses in 1269 and later in became increasingly popular in the 1820’s.
The Nordic circuit consists of
- A relaxing hot sauna, breathing in the rich warm wood scent.
- A plunge into the cold pool or polar pool to close the pores and boost the immune system.
- Repeat the process as many times as it feels good. The more the better.
- The hot portion of the cycle opens the pores to detoxify the skin while the cold cycle closes the pores and tightens and tones the skin.
Nordic Spas allow us to escape the noise, the hustle and the pressures of the day to a serene, silent oasis, where we can let go of our expectations to relax, rejuvenate and restore.
In addition to cleansing your skin, there are three top benefits of a Nordic Pool Circuit including:
- Relieves pain and inflammation from the painful of rheumatism, arthritis, osteoarthritis, and degenerative joint disease.
- It helps stimulate your immune system with a quick full dip in the coldwater pool that causes blood vessels to contract as well as increase both heart rate and blood pressure. This hot / cold sequence stimulates your body to produce white blood cells, leaving your body feeling invigorated with a renewed supply of energy.
- You are left feeling happy and relaxed after your Nordic Pool Circuit has produced and released a significant amount of endorphins or “happy hormones” in your body. Endorphins help a person feel invigorated and experience less pain.
The effects of the Nordic Hot/Cold Pool Cycle can significantly reduce a person’s fight or flight response and lowers high cortisol levels leaving a person calmer, less agitated and better able to sleep soundly.